Motivate children across your school with a London-wide online maths contest. Pupils are invited to practise maths, have fun and compete against their fellow Londoners this February.
Your school will love Sumdog’s contest because:
- It is completely FREE to enter and pupils can continue to use Sumdog for free once the contest has ended.
- It is a great way to motivate children and encourage a positive attitude towards maths.
- You can play Sumdog in class or set it as homework, it all counts towards the contest!
- You could win a six month subscription to Sumdog’s premium features, as well as pupil certificates for the daily winners.
How does it work?
- To take part, pupils simply play Sumdog’s online maths games and answer questions that are adapted to their level.
- Each correct answer given counts towards the class score, the most accurate class wins the contest. In the case of a tie, we rank classes on average answer speed.
- There are a maximum of 1,000 questions to answer in the contest so remember it’s all about how accurately children can answer the questions, not how many they answer!
- The contest is taking place from 8th -14th February 2019.
How do I enter my class?
- If you are new to Sumdog, simply create an account for free and register your class. Or simply log in if you are already a Sumdog user.
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Contests‘ button and under London Maths Contest, select ‘Enter.’
- The contest is running from 8th – 14th February 2019 but if you are new to Sumdog, it’s best to play for a couple of sessions before the contest. This makes sure pupils have completed the diagnostic test and the questions are tailored to their level.
Spread the word
Print off this poster and share it around your school to get all pupils and teachers involved!
Best of luck to all the London classes entering! We would love to see how you are getting on so don’t forget to tweet us pictures of your contest and challenge other schools in your area to get involved!